PFMA Parrot Symposium, 21 September 2022 – Chester Zoo
The PFMA Parrot Symposium on 21 September will provide a unique learning and networking opportunity for all parrot experts and enthusiasts.
Held at the stunning Chester Zoo, the event aims to:
- Deliver the latest knowledge on parrot nutrition and welfare
- Provide an opportunity for all attendees to take part in discussions
- Identify key educational messages for parrot owners and next steps in scientific research
- Ensure a networking opportunity for parrot professionals, feed industry experts and parrot keepers
According to Sarah Hormozi, PFMA Head of Science & Education: “We are excited to be holding our first parrot nutrition symposium. We’ve held a similar pet-specific event for rabbits before and the quality of information shared and actions that come out of the day was excellent. This symposium provides a unique opportunity to hear the latest knowledge from experts in the field, collaborate on parrot welfare and network.”
Confirmed speakers to date
- Vicki Baldrey MRCVS (Avian Vet and lecturer at Royal Veterinary College)
- Alan Jones MRCVS (Chairman of The Parrot Society UK)
- Dr Tariq Abou-Zahr DipECZM(Avian) MRCVS (Exotic Animal Veterinary Surgeon)
Who is the event aimed at?
Bird food manufacturers, retailers, avian vets and vet nurses, zookeepers and bird wildlife experts, academics and students, animal welfare organisations and parrot re-homing centres, parrot breeders and specialist groups, interested media, bloggers and influencers interested in pet birds.
Registration includes the symposium attendance, refreshments, lunch, and admission to Chester Zoo. The symposium will run from 09.30-15.00 and the participants will have the opportunity to visit the zoo after the event.