Pet Nutrition Course
Sessions & Timetable
Below are all the sessions covered in our pet food and nutrition course, please note the images are examples from our previous sessions.
Week 1: Animal Nutrition
- Pet Nutrition (including dog nutrition, cat nutrition, small mammal nutrition, bird nutrition and fish nutrition)
- Clinical Nutrition for Dogs and Cats
- Pet Obesity (causes, consequences, weight management and prevention)
Week 2: Pet Food Legislation, Marketing & Manufacturing
- UK / EU Legislation, Animal By-Products Regulation, Additives and Feed Materials
- Palatability and Marketing Regulations
- Manufacturing Safety and Quality for Wet, Semi-moist, Raw and Dry Pet Foods
We have a variety of experts who give presentations and teach our pet nutrition course. Here is the selection from our most recent course.
How is the course delivered?
- Flexibility to register for daily or weekly webinars, or the full two-week programme
- Live presentations via Zoom
- Delivered over 6 x half-days across two weeks
- Live Q&A sessions at the end of each session
- Polls and quizzes to engage the audience
- Learning material, including PowerPoint presentations and recorded lectures available to download
- Certificate of Attendance on completion (digital via email)
- CPD certified by CPD UK (The full two-week course provides approximately 20 hours of CPD)
Who is this course suitable for?
- UK Pet Food members (list of pet food manufacturers that are members of UK Pet Food can be found here)
- Professionals working in pet food, animal feed or premix sectors
- Animal nutritionists
- Veterinary professionals
- Pet food retailers, pet shop staff and the grocery sector
- Pet welfare charities rehoming and rescue centres
- Students (Veterinary, Animal Science, post-graduate) with an interest in a career in the pet food industry
- Other pet professionals
How much does the course cost?
We are pleased to offer special rates to UK Pet Food members, veterinary professionals, pet welfare charities, university students and members of FEDIAF and GAPFA, as well as group booking discounts. Please see ticket prices and different discounts below.
If you are interested in a career in the pet food industry, our pet nutrition course will increase your knowledge and understanding of the sector. It could put you in a better position when applying for jobs.
We offer 20% off for individual students, or 50% off for bookings of at least 5 students registering together.
Group bookings larger than 10
Please contact us directly ([email protected]) as we may be able to offer further discounts.