Why choose your pet food from a UK Pet Food member?
UK Pet Food and its members sometimes get asked by pet owners, or pet professionals, the question of ‘what does UK Pet Food membership really mean?’ Or ‘Why should I choose a member over a company that’s not a member?’
In this vibrant infographic sheet you will find the key features of UK Pet Food membership and what you can expect when you choose food from a UK Pet Food member.
There are over 50 pieces of legislation that control the manufacturing and marketing of pet food.
A few examples are:
• Animal Feed Regulations 2010
• Animal By-Products Regulations 2011
• Reg EC 767/2009 on the placing on the market and use of feed
• Reg EC 1831/2003 on additives for use in animal nutrition
• External certifications and auditing
• Supplier assurance schemes
• In-house quality assurance
For details of individual company schemes please contact them directly.