We are working with FERA Science to offer members the opportunity to join us on a visit for an innovation day.
FERA is a science institute based near York delivering world class science for the future. Having worked with government, industry, and research organisations, FERA has an expertise on the regulatory framework, and they cover food safety, environmental science, crop health etc.
The innovation day will take place on 11 July – the agenda is as follows:
10:30am: Arrival for coffee and pastries
- Intro & welcome - Jess Barker/Wendy Martindale
- Insect Protein in petfood – Tour of the Insect Research Laboratory - Dr Maureen Wakefield
- Emerging food safety risks in petfood (including mycotoxins) – Susan MacDonald
- Packaging innovation & ensuring safety – Dr Emma Bradley
- Wash up & debrief in the boardroom.
Depart at 3pm (flexible)