UK Pet Food announces online Pet Food and Nutrition Course
The course is designed to suit busy professionals with three half- day virtual sessions per week. The first week focuses on pet nutrition and the second looks at the legislative and manufacturing aspects of pet food production. A range of tickets and discounts are available and attendees can sign up for specific sessions or the entire two-week course.
Sarah Hormozi, UK Pet Food’s Head of Science & Education explains: “We are excited to be holding our first 2023 online pet food and nutrition course, following the success of the previous four webinar series since 2020. In fact, following our last course, 100% of attendees confirmed they would recommend the course to others. “
“Registration is now open to our members in addition to all pet care professionals. We offer discounts for our members and certain groups – for example those from pet welfare charities and students. Our aim is to make this training as accessible as possible to all those who can benefit. You can find out more and sign up on our website. ”
Feedback from previous attendees includes: “I love the online format because you can go back and watch again in case you missed or misunderstood something.” On the half day sessions: “It makes it easier to keep up with the day job when you only take a few hours at a time.”
The Animal Nutrition (21-23 February) webinars include:
- Sessions dedicated to different pet species (dog, cat, small mammals, birds, fish)
- Clinical Cat & Dog nutrition
- Pet Obesity
The Pet Food Legislation, Marketing & Manufacturing (28 Feb – 2 Mar) webinars include:
- UK / EU Legislation, Animal By-Products Regulation, Additives & Feed Materials
- Palatability & Marketing Regulations
- Manufacturing Safety & Quality, Wet, Semi-moist, Raw and Dry products
Sarah Hormozi adds: “We have an impressive range of speakers from top industry consultants such as Dr John Lowe and Dr Christine Huggett to leading veterinarians and academics such as Dr Marge Chandler and Professor Alex German, delivering our CPD certified Course. The full two-week course provides approximately 20 hours of CPD.
To read more about the course content, speakers and to book your place please visit our website.
Note to Editors
UK Pet Food (previously known as the Pet Food Manufacturers' Association or PFMA) works to advance pet health and wellbeing with quality nutrition from a sustainable, progressive pet food industry.
We are an association for pet food manufacturers, suppliers, and the wider industry. Our members account for over 90% of the pet food market and are responsible for feeding the nation's wide range of pets. We support dynamic and responsible UK pet food manufacturing, representing our members’ views and striving to raise standards. Working with our teams of experts, we also provide educational information on pet nutrition and the manufacture of pet food.
Pet Food and Nutrition Webinar Series Speakers include:
- Dr Marge Chandler, DVM, MS, MANZCVS, DACVN, DACVIM, MRCVS, Independent Consultant in small animal nutrition
- Professor Alex German BVSc(Hons), PhD, CertSAM, DipECVIM-CA, Professor of Small Animal Medicine, University of Liverpool
- Alana Harvey-White, UK Pet Food Chair of Additives & Undesirable Substances Committee, Commercial Manager Pet & Equine at Cargill
- Dr Christine Huggett, Founder & Director of The Pet Food Consultant, The Pet Food Consultant
- Dr Isabelle Kalmar DVM, PhD, R&D Expert, Versele-Laga Belgium and Co-chair of FEDIAF Small Pets Working Group
- Neil Leach, Animal By-Products Consultant and former DEFRA Policy Advisor
- Dr John Lowe, Nutrition Consultant, Tuttons Hill Nutrition
- Dr Donna Snellgrove, Research Scientist, Mars Petcare
- Philip Wells, Senior Business Manager, Dechra Veterinary Products
- Sarah Hormozi, Head of Science & Education, UK Pet Food
- Michael Bellingham, Chief Executive, UK Pet Food